just another maggie monday


(It's Maggie. We'll start off with a gratuitous shot of her. She's still doing really well and has put on a lot of weight. Yea!)

I turned 33 on Friday. Can I still say I'm in my early 30s or must I switch to mid? I'd prefer the former. I celebrated with some presents (some I knew about but some I did not). And Hubby and I went to dinner at a fancy restaurant. Then we headed back home for some movie rental/couch cuddling time. It had been a long week and I knew it would be a busy weekend so I chose to be lame. And I'm not ashamed.


Yes, I cut my own bangs. No, they don't really look this bad in real life. We also ate cake. Hubby's decorating skilz:


On Saturday, we took a photography class from Leisure Learning. Even though I love photography, I just have the ol' point-n-shoot. We took a class on SLR cameras and borrowed the SIL's. I didn't want to buy one before I knew a bit more about them. What if I got one and never learned how to use it? What if I had hundreds of blurry/dark/insert-bad-adjective-here vacation photos? Do I really have time to learn this right now? I can get reasonably good photos out of the dinky camera and can fix things with post-processing. Turns out, it's not as hard as I was expecting. It will take some practice but perhaps we'll make the trip to fancy camera land. Here are some pictures I took after class (as well as the Maggie one above):

After class, The Brother and SIL came over to watch another movie and have dinner. Dinner? Good. Company? Good. Presents? Good. Movie? Not so good (Couples Retreat).

And Sunday was the most gorgeous day we've had in awhile. Every day has been miserable, dreary, cold, and wet. Then suddenly yesterday was sunny and 70 degrees. We took Maggie on a long walk and then met the in-laws for lunch. We were celebrating Valentine's Day, my birthday, and the in-laws' 40th anniversary. When we made it home, I was finally able to do a little yard work. You know, just in time for it to get cold again today (but at least there's sun!).

All in all, it was a very busy but great weekend.

Comments

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?