housekeeping (again)

I feel pretty good about the fact that I've now taken care of all the year-end blog stuff and it's only a week into '08. New "little things" list up there in the subtitle, new poll, new quiz. New start to the reading list. There have also been a few additions to the Concert List over there in the sidebar.

For memory's sake, here's the list of '07 reads:

16. Four to Score
15. Dalai Lama, My Son: A Mother's Story
14. Three to Get Deadly
13. Two for the Dough
12. One for the Money
11. Wicked
10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
9. Marley and Me
8. Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas
7. Elegy for Iris (about half of it)
6. The Cider House Rules
5. Still Life with Woodpecker
4. Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood
3. Their Eyes Were Watching God
2. Sex and the City
1. Me Talk Pretty One Day

Also, just an FYI, you may have noticed no 10 on Tuesdays lately. I've either been too busy or just not excited about the topic. This week's is the 10 Best Moments of '07. I think those were pretty much captured here (give or take). I may or may not go back to it. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to keep you all in the loop but I do. I'm sure you've been waiting on pins and needles for an update...

Maybe because I feel the need for lists, I'll give you a bonus one here. It's of things that have been so low priority (whether or not they are deserving of that description) on the To Do list that I've been putting them off, sometimes for months. What have you been ignoring? Please tell me so I won't feel alone in this.
  1. Getting the oil changed in my car.
  2. Returning the shredder that doesn't work. But crazy ol' me didn't test it right when I brought it home and I've since thrown away the box. Must look for receipt. Hopefully they'll take it back or something.
  3. Buying make-up. I've really stretched this one out. I'm so close to running out that I may have to do this tomorrow.
  4. Any home improvement task. I'm feeling uncharacteristically indecisive about everything in this area.
  5. Finishing any of the numerous home improvement projects I'm in the middle of...kitchen light box, end-of-bed bench upholstery in the guest room, wallpapering/painting my bathroom, new lights in the garage, yardwork.
  6. Drilling a hole in the entertainment center so that the DVD player can move to a shelf where it won't have to be diagonal.
  7. Filing.
  8. Throwing things away that no longer need to be filed.
  9. Transferring the rest of my CDs to the iPod.
  10. Organizing closets.

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something(s). It never fails; the new year really does make me motivated. I've taken care of some financial stuff so far. Finally joined the gym. Put away Christmas decorations. Cleaned up the sunroom which I lovingly use as "the staging area." Guess what? It has a floor! (Well, sort of.) Now if I could just find my desk under all this paperwork...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am putting off the molding in the bathrooms, I have been for quite a while and will probably continue to do so for at least another month or so.

The Brother
angelq said…
My list could beat yours to a pulp. So much so that I'm this close to having a full blown anxiety attack pretty much every second of every day right now. But there are several items on your list that I share (or in the case of buying makeup, used to share) with you. So feel not alone.
Anonymous said…
-renewing my passport
-organizing my office closet
-getting a pedicure (i have ghettoes)
-cleaning the carpet that my dog puked on over a month ago
-getting said dog to stop eating my underwear (and no, this is not related to the last item) or finding an other arrangement where he can't get to them
-getting my tires rotated
-cleaning my car
i have more, but i've embarrased myself enough, all to make you feel that you're not alone. that's what friends are for.

cph
Anonymous said…
my name means:

You are very adaptable.
You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow.
You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily.
Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is.

You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
You have the classic "Type A" personality.

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something.
You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense.
You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun.

cph
Anonymous said…
keep us in the loop - we love it!
StaceyG said…
I've found that I just have to wait and eventually I will feel like doing those low priority things. Patience is the hard part. =)
cjm said…
Thanks, people. I have now gotten my oil changed. And added and subsequently marked a few more things off the list. Oooh, ahhh. And you know you only want to keep updated on stuff here so that you can procrastinate, too. But that's why I love you all. :o)

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?