For memory's sake, here's the list of '07 reads:
16. Four to Score
15. Dalai Lama, My Son: A Mother's Story
14. Three to Get Deadly
13. Two for the Dough
12. One for the Money
10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
9. Marley and Me
8. Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas
7. Elegy for Iris (about half of it)
6. The Cider House Rules
5. Still Life with Woodpecker
4. Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood
3. Their Eyes Were Watching God
2. Sex and the City
1. Me Talk Pretty One Day
Also, just an FYI, you may have noticed no 10 on Tuesdays lately. I've either been too busy or just not excited about the topic. This week's is the 10 Best Moments of '07. I think those were pretty much captured here (give or take). I may or may not go back to it. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to keep you all in the loop but I do. I'm sure you've been waiting on pins and needles for an update...
Maybe because I feel the need for lists, I'll give you a bonus one here. It's of things that have been so low priority (whether or not they are deserving of that description) on the To Do list that I've been putting them off, sometimes for months. What have you been ignoring? Please tell me so I won't feel alone in this.
- Getting the oil changed in my car.
- Returning the shredder that doesn't work. But crazy ol' me didn't test it right when I brought it home and I've since thrown away the box. Must look for receipt. Hopefully they'll take it back or something.
- Buying make-up. I've really stretched this one out. I'm so close to running out that I may have to do this tomorrow.
- Any home improvement task. I'm feeling uncharacteristically indecisive about everything in this area.
- Finishing any of the numerous home improvement projects I'm in the middle of...kitchen light box, end-of-bed bench upholstery in the guest room, wallpapering/painting my bathroom, new lights in the garage, yardwork.
- Drilling a hole in the entertainment center so that the DVD player can move to a shelf where it won't have to be diagonal.
- Throwing things away that no longer need to be filed.
- Transferring the rest of my CDs to the iPod.
- Organizing closets.
I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something(s). It never fails; the new year really does make me motivated. I've taken care of some financial stuff so far. Finally joined the gym. Put away Christmas decorations. Cleaned up the sunroom which I lovingly use as "the staging area." Guess what? It has a floor! (Well, sort of.) Now if I could just find my desk under all this paperwork...