picking favorites

Is it too much information to tell you that I'm forcing The Boyfriend to answer some questions from this book called Things You Should Know About Your Mate: 1,000 Questions for Couples? In all fairness, I'm answering them as well. Surely this doesn't surprise you given my psychology background.

Tonight's list was about favorites. I thought I'd just copy/paste (censored a little bit) for you here. What have I learned from this exercise? I can't easily pick favorites.

1. Do you have a favorite type (or a couple) of music? A favorite singer? Or musical group? I'm really varied as you may have already noticed. My iPod is pretty eclectic. My favorites are probably Texas Country, 80s (of course), and Top 40 type stuff (I know that makes me suck just a little bit but I can't help it). It depends on my mood...sometimes I just set the iPod to shuffle until some genre strikes my fancy and then switch to that. I'm a little bit of a music snob sometimes, too. I'm not sure why. Favorite singers and groups...REM, Johnny Cash, Robert Earl Keen, amongst many others.

2. What is your favorite fast-food restaurant? I know I should never eat fast food but my life is conducive to it sometimes. I like Whataburger and ChickFilA (I scored me some chicken tonight but I had the slaw and fruit instead of fries.) How often do you eat there? Maybe once every 3 weeks or so. Depends on my travel schedule to some degree. What's your favorite restaurant for casual dining? I'm not sure. Why is this one harder? Maybe Tookie's or Mom Alone's. I do like Texas Land & Cattle and Saltgrass. Apparently I can't pick a favorite. Favorite special occasion restaurant? Bailey's like I mentioned before. And The Melting Pot. And maybe any good steak or Italian place. My favorite restaurant of all time? Ortanique in the Miracle Mile in Miami.

3. Do you remember what your favorite childhood books were? The Taste of Blackberries. To Kill a Mockingbird (still one of my faves...need to read again). I liked little horror stories and the Sweet Valley High series for awhile. And the Ramona Quimby books. I read a lot then, too. I always read the Bluebonnet and Caldecott award winning books in elementary school. Oh, and Little Golden Books. Those were the best.

4. Do you have a favorite movie? Actor? Actress? Comedy? Drama? Geez, I like Sideways and Garden State. And Gone With the Wind (that was Mom's favorite). Breakfast Club. Princess Bride. The ones I can watch over and over again are usually romantic comedies. Gasp! I'm a girl! Actor/Actress...eh, I like Johnny Depp. I guess I'm kinda apathetic. I don't think anyone would make me want to see the movie just because s/he was in it if the storyline weren't also good. I dislike Keanu Reeves.

5. What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? Rum (with virtually any mixer) or wine.

6. What meal would you eat most often if you could? Something with lots of carbs. Maybe chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and mac n cheese. Oh, God... Do you have a favorite "fancy" meal? The best meal ever (at Ortanique) was steak (perfectly medium), truffle mashed potatoes, and asparagus. Also super good herb bread and a mojito or two.

7. What is your favorite snack food? Mostly anything sweet. But I like jerky and bean dip/chips, too. And a slab of cheese. Dessert? Creme brulee. And bread pudding (no raisins). What's your favorite ice cream flavor? As boring as it is, probably vanilla. Then anything with chocolate (rocky road, that toffee stuff I bought at Braum's, etc.). But there's not much ice cream I'd turn down.

8. Do you have a favorite and least favorite day of the week? Why do you feel that way? Least favorite is an early flight day; most favorite is coming home [insert cheesy "because I get to see you" comments].

9. What is your favorite time of day? I think it varies. [Deleted more sappy comments so that readers do not barf.]

10. What's your favorite candy bar? I don't eat many candy bars. Hmmm, I like Mars with almonds. Oh, and toffee.

11. What is your favorite ethnic cuisine? Mexican. Then probably Italian. And Greek.

Comments

cjm said…
Clearly no one cares about my favorite things. :o)

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?