seventh month

Another month has gone by, Buns.  And Mama hasn't blogged at all.  Oops.  Things, as usual, have been busy.  And we have all, as usual, been sick off and on.  

Your 6 month doctor's visit ended up with a trip to the ER.  I think you had RSV, no pneumonia.  But you were having a little bit of trouble breathing and you weren't eating as much (and throwing up a lot of what you did eat) so you dropped a little weight.  Luckily, you weren't hospitalized and Mama got you to eat small amounts every two hours so you were able to keep it down.  



We had just started solids right before you got sick.  We stopped them for awhile and then restarted.  You've had rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, apples, green beans, cauliflower, and squash.  You've liked them all, and I think you're starting to pack on the pounds.  Like your sister, it took you awhile to get the hang of eating but you do it well now.  You haven't really decreased your formula intake all that much yet.  Speaking of, I have completely weaned you.  I had started that before you got sick but delayed it to try to give you every chance of getting healthy as soon as possible.  So Mama made it 6 1/2 months.  That's a month longer than your sister.  Remember that since it seems like the second born gets a raw deal sometimes.  I'm making your baby food, too, so that's one corner I haven't cut.


Let's see.  You continue to love baths and are kickier than ever.  We usually put you in your whale tub while your sister is in the big tub next to you.  That's the only reason the whale isn't sitting inside of the big tub.  Man, you kick so much of the water out.  We end up with several wet towels and mats to try to contain it.  I'm guessing in another month we'll be able to try to bathe you both in the big tub.  I want you to be able to hold your own a bit more.


You know what changes when we start solids?  Your poop.  Stinky.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

You are very chatty these days.  No real words or even repetitive syllables yet.  You still smile and laugh a lot.  Still a gummy smile--no teeth.  Lots of drool.  You like to watch people jump, and you laugh when I pretend to drop you and when I blow raspberries.  And you, my little jokester, blew raspberries on Mama for the first time this month.  


You're getting a little more hair.  It seems to be a little more blonde than it was before but there's still red in it.  I think that's probably for the best since you're a boy.  Gingers have it hard enough.  Boy gingers?  Worse. I know this picture is blurry but you can see a bit of your hair and your long eyelashes.


You join us for your sister's bedtime routine these days so you're part of the action during story time.  I think you'd rather eat the books, though.  And you're getting better at going to bed.  The sickness threw a wrench into the sleep training yet again.  We're trying, though.  There have been a few nights when you've only woken up once.  I sure wish you'd get with the program, Buns.  I've learned that you haven't read any of the books on problem solving baby issues.  Your sister must have because anything I tried seem to work on her.  You?  Not so much.


You have learned to sit up this month and have gotten quite good at it.  You still dislike tummy time so I don't think you're anywhere close to crawling.  But you know what?  I'm fine with that.  Great, actually.  This time where I only have one mobile child?  It is so fleeting.  I'm going to appreciate it.  I already can't believe we're on the second half of your first year.  I'm going to miss you being a baby.


Love you, little Buddy Bear.

Comments

Katie Lady said…
He is SOOO cute!

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?