week 24 (2nd ed.)

Total weight gain: Uh, 17 pounds. Seriously? I gained 7 pounds in the last 4 weeks?! Huh. Oh, well upon looking back, this is 2 pounds less than where I was last time. That makes me feel a little less freaked out. I'll go ahead and post 24 week pictures from Baby #1 and #2 for comparison's sake. Continuing to measure right on track according to yesterday's doctor's appointment (where baby's heart rate was about 140--yea for remembering!).  People still think I'm small, though.  Especially when they find out this is not my first rodeo.

(last time)

(this time)

Movement: Goodness, this guy must be getting beefy and/or long in there. Lots of movement and it's strong enough to be jarring sometimes. Can definitely see it from the outside now.

Cravings: Still with the sweets. And pancakes. Especially blueberry pancakes. And now booze. But I'm not giving in to that one.

Similarities: Baby brain, vivid dreams, forgetfulness.

Differences: Baby brain. Did I say that already? Seriously, I think it's cumulative. It's been way worse this time around. A few Mondays ago I had such a series of events that it would have been considered impairing. Like I'd need a diagnosis of some sort. (Although I don't think "Baby Brain" is in the DSM-IV.) No leg cramps or nose bleeds (yet). I think there has been more pressure on my girl bits this time around. And sciatic pain. Boo. Oh, and fatigue. More of that. (What could possibly be causing that?!)

Preparations: So behind on this one compared to last time. The quilt got put on the back burner as house selling preparations were in full swing. But I pulled it out again this past weekend and have made some progress. I'll also take it with me on the road so maybe I'll actually finish it before the baby comes. Fingers crossed. Hubby thinks it's too early to think about names so no progress there. Buddy Bear has acquired a few more outfits and a stuffed animal.  That's about it.  I feel compelled to buy things he'll need but haven't because...

Anything else interesting? We listed the house for sale on Friday. We had the first showing last night--it was positive but who knows if anything will come of it. Weird to be in such limbo. I can't believe I have no idea where this baby is going to live when we come home from the hospital. Unrelated, we walked a 5k recently and I'm so glad the previous one I did was the last time I planned on running (at least part of) one. I wouldn't have been able to do it this time. Freakin' sciatic nerve.  Oh!  For the first time EVER, a stranger touched my belly.  Wha?!  Huh?!  Yeah.  I wasn't as freaked out as I thought I'd be but I was surprised.  It's so funny how some people think I barely look pregnant while others think I look pregnant enough to rub on. 

Monthly wisdom/rambling: Yeah, I don't know. Perhaps it should be something about knowing your limits while pregnant? About how you probably shouldn't be painting house trim while standing on top of a footstool that is on the roof of the porch? How your first kid should definitely be able to walk before you are halfway through your second pregnancy? (Thank goodness mine does.)  How you will be tired for the rest of your life? How kid #2 will get the shaft from the beginning because who has time to take as good of care of oneself this time around? Yeah, none of that sounds good. Despite all the crazy, I oddly don't feel as stressed this time around. Perhaps I'm in denial. Or the baby brain is keeping me from realizing my own emotional state.

(image from thebump.com)

Comments

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?