life list: mud run (aka gettin' gritty)

We've all been sick.  I mean, all of us.  First the Chicken, then Hubby, and me, and finally Buns.  I think everyone has turned the corner.  Even me, who seemed to have turned away from the corner after Saturday...  Goodness.  There's nothing sadder than a hoarse infant.  And probably not much that's more exhausting than everyone being sick at once--especially if you're the breastfeeding mom.  Sheesh. 

Anyway, just a quick little post here to say that this didn't stop me from participating in the Gritty Goddess mud run on Saturday with lots of my favorite ladies.  It's a 5k obstacle course for women only.  Nearly all of us were mud run virgins so doing a girls' race seemed to be a good intro.  We had planned this for about 2 months.  I harassed people into doing it.  We came up with a team name (Bast's Bodacious Babes, based on our wave's name) and then designed and made t-shirts.  So, yeah, even though there were at least 2 illnesses and an injury amongst us, we were doing this thang.  And I'm so glad we did. 


If you know me, you know I'm not athletic.  (If you really know me, you'd know that the next sentence should be "Like, at all.")  And I'm not so big on doing scary things or things out of my comfort zone.  But this ended up being really fun.  We didn't skip any obstacles.  And we all lived to tell the tale (tail?).  Har har.  Would love to have an even bigger team next year.  Thanks for having my back, ladies.


(Also, I'm totally adding this to my Life List just so I can mark it off.  What?  It's my list.  That's allowed.)

Comments

ndh said…
It was awesome...thanks for finding it for us! I am ready for next year.
ndh

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?