- Find the perfect coconut cream pie recipe. No progress.
Finish the bulk of Baby #2s baby book.Done!
- Find the perfect mac and cheese recipe. Again, no progress. Weird since these should be easier.
Add to the Life List.Added 3--and completed 1--item(s) in January.
- Eat lunch with someone one day a week. Maybe about 1/3 of the time?
Accomplish more on the house (kitchen and landscaping).Kitchen mostly done and dining room done. All house trim painted (while we were on vacation--even better!). Had foyer and front porch lights installed. Front yard done for now plus work completed in 2 of the backyard beds. Guest bath finished. Living room painted, started re-staining furniture, hung gallery wall, rearranged furniture. Ripped down the wallpaper in the kids' bath. So basically blew this one out of the water. Throw really good birthday parties for the kids.Done! Run a 5k.Done! In early January! And multiple times throughout the year. One fun outing a month with either the entire family or just me and one/both kid(s).I think we did this at least 10 months (and several months had more than one). We maybe did those other 2 months but I just didn't keep track very well. Date night/excursion at least once a month with Hubby.We actually did this.
- Make it through the Marriage to the Max podcasts as well. We went to D&M in February and have listened to a few more podcasts. I also had brunch with half of the Hursts. Pretty successful but still need to listen to more podcasts.
- Seriously try to have lunch with someone once a week. But I'll consider it a success if it's about 75% of the time. I really need to try this one again for multiple reasons.
- Eat better. This isn't the "oh, I have to lose 5 pounds thing." I don't, luckily, have issues there but I have been eating like crap since Buns was born. I guess I was trying to make up for the strict gestational diabetes diet. As he's almost 18 months old, I think I should be done making up for it. So more protein, fewer carbs, more water.
- To really train for the marathon relay in March. It's only 6.55 miles but I want to be faster than last year.
- I think I'd also like to try a half marathon. I don't think I'd ever be able to run the whole thing but I'm pretty sure I could drag myself over the distance. I think this will get added to the Life List.
- Speaking of, cross 3 things off the Life List. I won't limit myself here.
- For the house, I'd like to get a lot of the little projects done--stain/paint the picnic table, finish staining the living room furniture, stain/reupholster the breakfast room furniture, upholster our headboard. And I'd like to finish the kids' bath. It's in a scary state right now. Ok, and I'd like to at least make a plan for the office. I
wantneed a wall of built-ins but I have no idea exactly how I want things to look or how I'd like the rest of the room to play out. Except I really want a sliding barn door. Outside, I'd like to keep everything alive, move the backyard trees to the side of the house, sod the areas in the front where we no longer want beds, and start the butterfly garden in the back.
- Write a will. Hubby got this done last year but I didn't. Totally need to get on that.
- Blog more. I hate that I've fallen off the wagon here. Granted, it's hard to keep all the balls up in the air but writing is good for me. And I like to keep folks posted on the goings on as it seems so hard to get together while raising tiny humans.
- (and 10) Some things are just personal. These two are. But I'm going to at least acknowledge that there are 2 additional goals to try to hold myself accountable.