milestones

When I posted about cattywampus the other day I realized that the next post would be #100. Since that's a little milestone, I decided to wait until today to post again (regarding a bigger milestone).

I'm now allegedly a homeowner. I know, anyone I've talked to recently I've said "allegedly" to about a million times. The jacka$$ male homeowner still needs to sign and all the money still needs to clear. I, however, have officially signed my life away. I'm very pleased at how nice everyone was...my agent, my loan lady, and the title company woman.

As I was warned, all my documents said "cjh, A SINGLE WOMAN." Seriously, with bold and capital letters. On the upside, the title company woman said she has a 31-year-old son and that I was just a doll. I told her that she has all my contact information (and then some) so she could pass it along.

Hopefully I'll be able to move some things in this weekend but I probably won't be fully moved until the week of Christmas. Thank goodness for a flexible moving schedule and some time off.

So, yeah, it feels like all the stress is over. Until February 1st, I guess. That big ol' check I'll be writing then will likely freak me out. In a good way...

I'm excited. I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere. Like all the crappy jobs and the second jobs and the paying my dues and the crazy employers have gotten me to a good place. So thanks for putting up with my crap over the years and especially these last few months.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know I have said this already but I have to say it again--

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you! Need a cat for that front porch? I got one ;)
Anonymous said…
Congrats from me, too! That's a great way of looking at it...I feel stressed because of the neverending move, but I like the idea that the hard part is over. =)
Anonymous said…
You deserve it! Congratulations!

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?