123 meme

Greenish Lady has tagged me for this meme. I saw it over at Bubba's Sis' awhile back so if you haven't done it already, feel free. If you are blogless, you can add yours to the comments if you find it particularly interesting.

The Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you. (I'm ignoring this one but 4 out of 5 isn't bad, right?)

My book is actually Dooce's things I learned about my dad (in therapy)...just got it yesterday and am about halfway through thanks to flight delays. I recommend it--great Father's Day gift. Anyway, here's the quote (from a chapter by Dooce herself):

Have I ever told you about that one time I heard my dad pass gas, and just as I was about to laugh, a red laser shot out of his eye and seared a 2-inch hole in my skull? I couldn't remember who I was for weeks. I still have a hard time remembering dates.

Come on? Who has a better one? I'm betting no one.

(I'd like to add that the person in the room next to me is either has the creepiest laugh ever or is watching a creepy tv show. Yikes... But what can you expect when you're in freakin' Shreveport. Again. Even though you were never supposed to go back for the rest of your life. I'm just sayin'.)

Comments

GreenishLady said…
That is a classic quote, I must say! So glad I tagged you! Hope your neighbour finds a boring or sad programme on TV soon! Thanks for playing along.

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?