Monday, September 28, 2009

what's been goin' on

Domesticity. You know, in between bouts of travel. I've only been home since about midnight on Friday and am leaving around lunchtime today. And I had to work over the weekend. But I also got a lot done around the house. It's starting to look a little, um, less lived in. Woohoo. Here are some recent projects.

The Hubby's roadside find from years ago has been repainted (in only a slightly new color but it's no longer shiny and has flowers!) and now the guest bed has a real nightstand:



Speaking of the guest bedroom, it is now sporting new linens. I've always wanted them to be all white:


I made cobbler (peach and raspberry from here) in an awesome green Fiesta pie plate that looked better in person:


There are a few signs that The Husband now lives here (the beginnings of his family's wall in the hallway):


And the shelf in the living room has a little wedding area:


That's it for now. Next up? Eye doctor. Then a long drive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as always, you're so industrious! all of it looks great!

cph

Maria Christina said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing =)

Tina

Patois said...

Ahhhhh. I love that domestic look you've got throughout.

nora said...

love the picture on the nightstand. I can't wait to stay in the guest room. (hint, hint, need invitation)