garden by the sea

Do we work in the yard every weekend? Um, pretty much. It was a beautiful weekend for it, though. And I like being in the yard when lots of the neighbors are working on their places, too.

We now have a few peas!


And these guys? I bought them last year and apparently their labels did not indicate that they flowers. Or that they got this big. Who knew? So they're planted a little too close to the sidewalk. I'll end up hacking them back after they're done blooming. I just can't cut off flowers for no reason. Funny that one ended up being pink and one is white.

We have a few new additions after yesterday. A baby mandevilla:

And these super cute little guys. I don't know what they are. (I can't remember what the tag said and I'm not feeling the need to head out to the garage to read it. But I do remember it was something cutsie instead of an actual name.) They look like miniature bachelor buttons--each little yellow ball is about the size of a pencil eraser. Love the contrasting, almost-grey foliage. So cute! I bought three.

Hubby transplanted one of the tree babies. It's not looking so good but hopefully it will pull through. And I also planted a knock-out rose. Have to fill in where we ripped out the dead stuff.

On Saturday, a group of us did the Galveston Historic Homes tour. We made it to 8 out of 10 homes. It was a really good day. I love looking in people's houses. We also saw a few of the carved tree sculptures. These are amazing... check out the article (photo courtesy of Houston Chronicle).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good evening

Great share, thanks for your time

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?