last day

Good heavens, people. It's the last day of 2010. How did that happen?

In addition to the real life housekeeping I've been doing this week, it's time for a little blog housekeeping. Here are the items I set out to try to mark off the ol' Life List this year:

Go to at least one new ballpark. I'd love to make some comment like I knocked this one out of the park but that seems to be too much cheese for first thing on Friday... But I did. Visited 3 in fact--Rangers, Royals, and Twins.

And at least one new state. Yep, Minnesota.

Maybe work on the beginnings of having that first child. I think we all know I've/we've succeeded at this one.

Wouldn't hurt to have that 6-figure job I enjoy but no promises there... Yeah, dreaming big with this one. But does it count that Hubby got a job before the end of the year and together we surpassed the 6-figures? I haven't really been enjoying my job and his is kind of too early to tell. Pretty sure we can't mark this one off the list just yet.

If we both decide and can find one (or two) we like--own a dog (or two). We got Maggie back in January and she's been a fabulous addition. So fabulous that I feel like we'd never get another one as good so we might as well quit while we're ahead. Hubby would still like Dog #2 but I convinced him that we could add in dog, baby, re-address dog, baby. We'll see how long I can hold him off.

Continue the mac and cheese recipe hunt. It's been continued but not concluded.

And maybe throw in the coconut cream pie while I'm at it. Other than print out one recipe which I did not make, no progress here. It's hard when you have a Hubby who doesn't like coconut.

Run again. Uh, sure. This may be on the list for quite some time.

Take dance lessons with The Hubby. Didn't get this done either but it does seem like it would be a nice, built-in date night once the baby is a little older.

So not perfect but some progress made. Back in September, I issued myself a new challenge to get the following done over the next year:

1.Have a child. (And because that one may cause many of the others on my list to be delayed a bit...)
2.Find the perfect mac n cheese recipe (still working on this one).
3.And the perfect coconut cream pie recipe.
4.Become a confident swimmer.
5.Write a letter to a different person each week for a year.

Hmm...I don't know. I may need to think about these a bit before re-committing for 2011.

And to finish off positively, here are other items I crossed off the Life List this year:
  • Throw beads off a Mardi Gras float.
  • See professional tennis live.
  • Completed quilt #1 for Baby #1.
  • And at least started a thorough baby book for Baby #1.

All-in-all, I think it was a pretty good year. 2011 obviously will be ridiculously memorable and mind-blowing, I'm sure.

Have a happy and safe evening! Bring on 2011!

Comments

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?