bookends

I have not posted in the middle of the week at all over the last two weeks. What's up with that? This week was busy with travel, what with me being in the DFW area for 4 days. Then a delayed flight yesterday. By 9:15 this morning I had my 40 hours (I "went to work" at 9). You'd think that would equate to a very productive week. Not so much. I'm in need of some office time. But not today... I'll be home all next week for that. Nothing that absolutely has to be done right now.

In the personal life, however, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I need a list so I can start crossing things off it.
  1. Get groceries. I have now owned this home 7 weeks and have yet to make a real trip to the grocery store. I've been surviving on other people's food and crackers (which started out as someone else's food as well).
  2. Buy mothballs. I hear this will drive the cats away. I don't know if I mentioned it before but the house came with 9 cats. All outdoor. Now, I'd like one or two for practical purposes but 9... Before, the only thing standing in the way of me being a crazy cat lady was not having any cats. Not anymore... Actually, I think I'm down to one lingering kitty. But the neighbor cats feel compelled to come over and party in the wee hours. The last thing we need is them reproducing.
  3. Get my computer fixed. Hey, I put it in my car. That's a start.
  4. Make dentist and doctor appointments.
  5. Buy a new cell phone. I really tried to do this one but the salesman was an a$$hole. Must try again. Seriously, mine's on life support.
  6. Fill out some sort of forms to get reimbursed for a piddly portion of my eye exam.
  7. Sort mail. This tends to pile up when gone for 4 days.
  8. Pay bills.
  9. Introduce myself to my across-the-street neighbor. She left a note on my door last Saturday and I still haven't talked to her. The only time I was home, she wasn't. I'd hate me.
  10. Figure out what it's going to take to actually use frequent flyer miles.
  11. Figure out what's up with my gas. Something has to be leaking somewhere. My bill was crazy high, the end reading was done correctly, and it appears that I used a lot of it while I was out of town. I know, it makes me feel safe, too.

And those are the pressing things. There are friends I need to call. I'd like to plan to go to the rodeo and maybe to see Wicked. Even though it has been on my list for 6 months, I still haven't gotten a passport. The list of things I'd like to do to the house grows... And I have 17 days to work in a crisis before I turn the big 3-0.

But, first, I guess I need to shower.

Comments

StaceyG said…
One piece of advice: follow your bliss. When you do the things you feel like doing, your list will be down to zero in no time.
Anonymous said…
may i request that you move the gas issue up to the top of the list...?? dont want to see you go boom.

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?