In the personal life, however, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I need a list so I can start crossing things off it.
- Get groceries. I have now owned this home 7 weeks and have yet to make a real trip to the grocery store. I've been surviving on other people's food and crackers (which started out as someone else's food as well).
- Buy mothballs. I hear this will drive the cats away. I don't know if I mentioned it before but the house came with 9 cats. All outdoor. Now, I'd like one or two for practical purposes but 9... Before, the only thing standing in the way of me being a crazy cat lady was not having any cats. Not anymore... Actually, I think I'm down to one lingering kitty. But the neighbor cats feel compelled to come over and party in the wee hours. The last thing we need is them reproducing.
- Get my computer fixed. Hey, I put it in my car. That's a start.
- Make dentist and doctor appointments.
- Buy a new cell phone. I really tried to do this one but the salesman was an a$$hole. Must try again. Seriously, mine's on life support.
- Fill out some sort of forms to get reimbursed for a piddly portion of my eye exam.
- Sort mail. This tends to pile up when gone for 4 days.
- Pay bills.
- Introduce myself to my across-the-street neighbor. She left a note on my door last Saturday and I still haven't talked to her. The only time I was home, she wasn't. I'd hate me.
- Figure out what it's going to take to actually use frequent flyer miles.
- Figure out what's up with my gas. Something has to be leaking somewhere. My bill was crazy high, the end reading was done correctly, and it appears that I used a lot of it while I was out of town. I know, it makes me feel safe, too.
And those are the pressing things. There are friends I need to call. I'd like to plan to go to the rodeo and maybe to see Wicked. Even though it has been on my list for 6 months, I still haven't gotten a passport. The list of things I'd like to do to the house grows... And I have 17 days to work in a crisis before I turn the big 3-0.
But, first, I guess I need to shower.