10 Things Most People Don't Know About Me
- I spent the summer when I was 7 with very little adult supervision. My dad was dying and my brother, two male cousins, and I spent a lot of time together. They were 5-7 years my elder. I was forced to watch lots of horror movies, the worst of which was Basketcase.
- I am a pretty rational person. I continue to watch horror movies at times. However, I am freaked out in direct correlation to how unrealistic the movie is. Chucky? Freaks me out the most.
- The name my birth mother gave me was Karen. I'm not a Karen.
- One day when I was driving home from college, it was such a beautiful sunny day that I drove without my shirt on and the sunroof open. That's probably illegal.
- When I was in high school my band director's wife hated me. She talked bad about me to ladies at church. She thought I was after her husband. I was not after her husband.
- I was always good in music/band. I was almost always first chair from elementary school through high school (and, no, not because of the band director). When I was in elementary school we had "challenges" to try to move up a chair. Everyone could only challenge once per class period, once per week. If I made it through the day without needing to use mine, I could challenge the teacher. Sometimes I won (but never actually got to be the teacher).
- I fold my underwear; I don't just stuff them in the drawer.
- If I had to have just one, I'd rather have a baby than a husband. I hope I don't have to have just one.
- I've had ideas about what my wedding would be like since I was a little girl. I've had a baby names for about 12 years. Both of those things seem really sad to me sometimes.
- One of my earliest memories is of Princess Diana's wedding. I think this may have set up some unrealistic expectations.
(If you haven't seen the video below, please don't let this post overshadow it. It is stinkin' hilarious. I think so anyway.)