10 on tuesday (4)
I guess I'm taking a little liberty with this topic. All of these songs have made me tear up (or really cry depending on the day). I guess I'd rather the topic be "songs that make me emotional." Here goes:
- Dixie Lullaby by Pat Green--This song came out about when this was happening. Add to that my own personal story and you get a tearjerker of a song. I love it, though.
- I'll Wait for You by Joe Nichols--This song was apparently sung by Joe at Anna Nicole's funeral. Try to get beyond that.
- Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol--Yes, it's because of Grey's Anatomy. When all that was happening with Denny...oh my gosh, sobbing. I don't cry when I hear it anymore but it always sends me back to Izzie coming down in the elevator, looking beautiful, with the future in her eyes.
- Almost anything by Johnny Cash in his later years. He just had such a soulful voice. Not soul like the genre. Soul like he was a man of God (I'm not even a religious person and I can hear it.) Danny Boy really kills me. You can watch Hurt here.
- Skin by Rascal Flatts--Cheesy, yes, but it still gets me.
- I Loved Her First by Heartland--Good grief. I heard this one the first time at my cousin's wedding. It was her father/daughter dance. I was doing ok until I looked across the dance floor and saw my other cousin crying. She, too, lost her father when she was a child. Yeah, my welled-up tears overfloweth.
- Hero by Enrique Iglesias--One of the local radio stations did a montage thing to this song after 9-11. I think about that every time I hear it.
That's all I've got. For the life of me I can't come up with three more and I've been working on this off and on all week. I guess when I'm hormonal every song makes me cry, even happy songs. Even jingles.