1. I have red hair. (Yeah, yeah...everyone knows I have red hair. Just wait, it will get better.)
2. For 28 years of my life I didn't know the answer to this question: "Where does your red hair come from?"
3. It comes from my paternal grandfather.
4. I was adopted not too long after birth.
5. Despite the red hair, I am not Irish.
6. I hated the red hair as a child but now see it as a trademark and am threatened when people don't think it's red.
7. I have one brother.
8. Even though he's five years older, I am the mature one and people often think I'm older (which freaked me out the first time I heard it).
9. To pick my name, my parents decided to draw names out of a hat. My mom put in a bunch of different names. My dad put in what is now my name a bunch of different times.
10. I like having a name that isn't weird but yet isn't too common.
11. My middle name is weird but I like it anyway.
12. My first pet was a poodle named Crystal.
13. I like big dogs best.
14. Currently my favorite dog is a crazy old Boxer named Roxanne (but she goes by Rocky, among other things).
15. I have no pets because I don't have
16. I hope to own my very first home before I turn 30. [I did! With 2 months to spare.]
17. I turn 30 in 6 months.
18. I expect I'll have some sort of breakdown at that time. [Not too bad.]
19. I dread the first time someone new asks me any question about my parents.
20. I don't necessarily tell them right away that both of them have died.
21. Even though that's sad, I feel compelled to include it on this list because it's part of who I am.
22. I consider myself a serious person even though I make lots of jokes.
23. I love San Francisco despite being treated horribly while I was there.
24. I miss working in psychology and working with children. [
25. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
26. I do like my job.
27. I like traveling and working from home.
28. I like "historic" but not necessarily "old."
29. My favorite state besides Texas is Tennessee.
30. I love Texas country music (which is not the same as Nashville country).
31. Because of that, part of me feels a little bit like a sell out for loving Nashville.
32. One of my favorite things about going to the movies is the thawing feeling I get when I leave.
33. I also enjoy the first cold front. I love how I feel enveloped by the cool breeze.
34. I am phobic of roaches.
35. I have owned 3 cars in my life. [Now 4.]
36. Only the current one was purchased new, and I like it the least.
37. Within 5 hours of owning it, it was hailed on.
38. I have never had any piercings--even my ears.
39. But I have one tattoo.
40. I have never done any illegal drug.
41. I have never broken any bones.
42. I have dislocated a knee (both of them) 5 times.
43. I love running but can't because of those darn knees.
44. There was a time in college when I ran about 15 miles/week.
45. I still own my favorite pair of shorts from that time even though I doubt I'll ever be able to wear them again or have as good of legs as I had then.
46. Even though I'm thin I am not fit.
47. When I say I need to exercise it annoys me when people say I don't because I'm thin.
48. I live to eat.
49. I enjoy cooking but I love baking even more.
50. I make a mean creme brulee.
51. I have always loved reading.
52. When I was younger my mom and I would stay up very late reading in our separate rooms.
53. Whoever decided to go to bed first would yell out "good night" and the other person would yell "I'm just going to read one more chapter."
54. I am suddenly struck with the thought that I should make a list of 100 things about my mother.
55. I hate it when people first find out I'm adopted and ask if I know anything about my "real" parents.
56. I know tons about my real parents...it's the biological ones I know little about.
57. I am very organized. Maybe a little OCD.
58. I occasionally use psychology terms or work-related abbreviations I expect everyone to understand.
59. Unless you work in research, it's hard to understand what exactly it is I do as my job.
60. I am crafty.
61. I love to make cards and invitations.
62. People say I should start a business doing it but I'm afraid I would then end up hating it.
63. I'm good at interior decorating.
64. My grandmother told me that's what I should do when I grew up.
65. I was 5. She was maybe a little intuitive.
66. Almost every year growing up I had a Valentine-themed birthday party because my birthday is so close to it.
67. I hated it.
68. I often get bored with my hair.
69. I love makeover shows.
70. I not-so-secretly would love a makeover.
71. I sometimes wear houseshoes at work. I did this even before I worked from home.
72. I made it thru #70 before I had to stop and think about what else to list. (After finishing the list I went back and deleted some boring ones to add some more informative ones.)
73. I would one day like to own a nice, fancy globe.
74. I love music.
75. My iPod currently has 2,392 songs on it. Yet after a year of owning it, I still haven't transferred all my CDs over. [Still haven't...]
76. One of my favorite song lyrics ever is this one: Let your hair down. Wear something pretty. Don't you know how you make us both look good?
77. The only people I've ever lived with were my parents, my brother, my college roommate, and her old boyfriend. [And now The Husband.]
78. I played the flute for 7 years in school.
79. I was often first chair in music/band from Kindergarten thru my senior year of high school.
80. I started twirling in 1st grade and was a twirler in middle and high school.
81. I was often "teacher's pet" throughout school.
82. I miss having a "Will" to my "Grace."
83. I quote Friends way too much.
84. I adore Grey's Anatomy in part because of how much it stresses me out when I watch it.
85. I wish more people made comments on my blog.
86. Part of why I started blogging is because I feel like I've been doing a terrible job of keeping in touch with people.
87. I have many, many friends.
88. For that, I am very, very grateful.
89. I'm an Aggie and wear my ring everyday.
90. When I refer to being "in college" I mean A&M. When I'm talking about grad school I say "grad school" instead of college.
91. I've made a "Happy List" for 14 years that lists a bunch of random things that make me happy. [It's been way too long since I did this.]
92. I attended my 10 year high school reunion.
93. I would love to have 2 children one day.
94. I would love to look at them and see some family resemblance.
95. I think dating should not feel like so much work. [Yea for The
96. When I was in elementary school I participated in Picture Memory and Music Memory in UIL (maybe that's where my culture started).
97. I have many close girlfriends. I like to keep one around from each phase of my life, it seems.
98. I wish I were at the beach somewhere.
99. I physically need to live near the water. When I don't, I yearn for it.
100. I am often multitasking.
[Additions made 20 Nov 2008. Changes again on 03 Oct 2009 out of boredom.]