well, i never...
Firsts that happened this weekend:
1. Drank in a museum.
2. Ate in a museum.
3. Danced in a museum. Yep, right next to dinosaurs.
4. Went to Sullivan's.
5. Went to Sullivan's because some other single women at the museum were going there afterwards.
6. Met straight, male flight attendants.
7. Got taught a little French by a little Frenchman.
8. Went sailing.
9. Obtained confirmation from a complete stranger at the mall that a bride requesting the guests to wear all black is indeed a bit weird.
10. Completed the Black Wedding outfit. (Yes, I love Billy Idol.)
11. Realized that I think my brother's girlfriend is my friend, too. (The realization of this has been coming around for awhile now. But what bonds women more than shopping?)
12. Felt that even 29 is "not as young as I used to be." I cannot do without sleep as I once did in college.
13. Held the tiniest baby I've ever seen in real life.
14. Witnessed firsthand the physical decline one goes through when on the crack. If that doesn't keep people off drugs...
That may be it. It's at least a pretty good list. Interesting, no?
I'd like to add that in no way should I be taking time to post right now. I'm slightly overwhelmed with obligations that are related to work and my personal life. I'm at that stage where I do nothing to help me feel less overwhelmed. Instead, I ignore it. I'm leaving again for the Big D tomorrow. I'll keep you posted as to whether this allegedly beautiful and historic hotel actually is...
Oh, and thanks to you lovely people, we're getting close to the 1,000th hit milestone. Maybe whoever obtains it should let me know. Prizes may be involved.