10 on tuesday (8)


10 Favorite Movies to Quote

Ooooh, this one is hard, too. TV shows? Piece of cake. Songs? Easy enough.

1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off--"Bueller...Bueller."
2. The Princess Bride--"Hello. My name is Indigo Montoya. You kill my father. Prepare to die." and "As you wish."
3. Gone With the Wind--"Tomorrow is another day," "As God as my witness," "Frankly, my dear..."
4. Forrest Gump--"I was running," "Please, God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away."
5. Dirty Dancing--"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
6. Airplane!--"Shirley..."
7. Lord of the Rings--"My precious."
8. Star Wars--"Luuke..."
9. The most recent movie I've seen, whatever that happens to be, since it's most fresh in my mind.
10. That's it...I got nothin' for #10. I guess I'm just so original that I come up with all new material. Or something. Or, if you know of a movie I inadvertently quote, feel free to tell me.

Comments

Airplane! Of course! There are SO many funny quotes from that movie!

This one was hard for me, too.
cjm said…
Yeah, I think it was hard because I tried to think of things that I actually use in conversation. You know, just weave in there. There are tons of good quotes, some of which I've written down to remember. I just don't use them. Next week's should be good, too. And did you see, Bubba's Sis, that we're listed as Players (not Playas) on the 10 on Tuesday site? We're cool.
Patois42 said…
I'm with Bubba's Sis regarding Airplane. I always use the "Don't call me 'Shirley'" line!
PJD said…
I can't believe I forgot "don't call me Shirley" on my list. Classic. I had a similarly difficult time coming up with quotes I use, but in looking at others' lists I was reminded of so many others!
Bubba's Mom and I say "Don't call me Shirley" ALL THE TIME!!!
Irishcoda said…
These are all good quotes, especially the one for Airplane! I love all the Shirley quotes!
Cool!!!! We're Players!!!
Katie Lady said…
It's too bad that the AFI top 100 movies show was on last night. We could all have remembered more quotes from that.

For instance:

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" 'Network'
Tiffany said…
Ah, I can't believe I didn't think of "Bueller..." I love that line!

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?