overwhelm

Friday yet again. It's interesting how that used to excite me. Hooray for the weekend and leisure time and all that. Lately, the weekends have been crammed. The weeks have been busy and most often spent elsewhere. Today even Friday overwhelms me.

For work, I need some office time. It seems like I occasionally get some but it's never when I need it the most (or I use it to buy a convertible instead). I have this one site that could literally take up my entire 40-hour work week every week for probably two months. And I still wouldn't be finished. There's so much to catch up on there. And so much to fix. But then I'd need someone to tend to all my other sites and complete my timesheet and submit my expenses and file and get some training out of the way and attend meetings for me (among other things). I will have a few scattered days next week. Just need to push through...

For my personal life, I don't even know where to begin. My To Do list remains very long. I started painting my office probably about a month ago now and I still haven't even come close to finishing it. I'd really like for it to be done because I'm excited about other projects. I have colors picked out for my bedroom and bath. I have fun ideas for the Ugly Bathroom. I need to spray for the fleas that are still living here. I need to pay bills. The limbs from the trees I trimmed last weekend are still lying on the ground. I couldn't deal with them then because it started raining and then I left town. No garden fairies (or gnomes) to tend to them while I'm gone. And there's laundry and picking up dry cleaning. And unpacking and repacking. And weedeating. And writing a letter of recommendation. And buying a belated birthday present. And and and...

That's just part of that list. I wouldn't mind having a little fun, too. I'm going to Spamalot tonight, the Astros tomorrow (praise Jesus they finally won), and a graduation party on Sunday. Yeah, even the fun things seem like a lot. I need a vacation where someone continues to fulfill all my obligations. Or I need fewer obligations.
____

There's a new poll (finally) and a new quiz over there. Bubba's Sis, I'm working on my "tagged" post. And everyone should go to Geek's to wish her luck on the impending arrival. Any day now...

Comments

My life is PG-13, too. I'd be embarrassed if it was anything else, I think!
cjm said…
Doing better today. Sometimes I just need to get all my overwhelm out. However, my cute little emoticon over there can't be changed until the end of the month (the site is doing some work).

Spamalot? Super fun.
StaceyG said…
I'd like to see Spamalot. I wonder if tix are still available...

Just remember that most of your "obligations" are self-imposed and can be set aside at any time. =)
Anonymous said…
Amen to that StacyG!! Except cjh has the strongest sense of responsibility out of anyone I have ever known, which does not allow her to set things aside.

cph

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?