What were you doing 10 years ago?
June '97. I was living in College Station for the first time during the summer. I took a few classes and worked at TJ Maxx. I was about to start my Junior year. I was living with my regular roommate's boyfriend while his regular roommate was in Waco. I had just had a romantic, TV-type, stairwell moment with one of my friends as the semester was ending and had no idea what to expect once the fall came. I should have had really low expectations.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
June '06. I was finishing up my time (my sentence?) at my last job, about to take a week off before starting this one. Was living with my brother.
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Alouette and crackers
4. Ballpark peanuts
Five songs that I know all the lyrics:
I know way too many song lyrics. Seriously, if useful information were conveyed through music, I'd be the smartest person around. Here are a few that are either currently on the radio or are near the top of my iPod song list.
3. A Bad Goodbye--Clint Black and Wynonna
4. A Long December--Counting Crows
5. A Pirate Looking at Forty--Jimmy Buffett
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Finish every house project and perhaps even pay people to help.
2. Pay off my mortgage and student loans.
3. Pay off my brother's mortgage.
4. Take a sabbatical to travel for leisure and then maybe only work part-time.
5. Buy Astros season tickets.
Five bad habits:
2. Comparing myself to others
3. Trying to do everything on my own
4. Starting the next project before finishing the last one
5. Making snap judgments
Five things I like doing:
1. Working on the house
2. Going to the ballpark
3. Taking advantage of all the city has to offer
Five things I would never wear again:
1. Bedazzled white knee-high boots
2. Wings (a la Farrah Faucett)
3. "Poodle curls" (also re: my hair)
4. Pants with pleats
5. Jellies (yeah, I had these)
Five favorite toys:
2. Board games
3. My car
4. The DVR
5. Hula hoop
I don't think I'll tag anyone in return. If you feel compelled to answer these questions as well, you can just say I tagged you. Deal?
And then I also got this email from Bubba's Sis and thought I'd answer it here. You're supposed to answer in just one word. Anyone who knows me should know how hard that is for me...
1. Yourself: here
2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend (spouse): missing
3. Your hair: indecisive
4. Your mother: love
5. Your father: hard-working
6. Your favorite item: shoes
7. Your dream last night: none
8. Your favorite drink: tea
9. Your dream car: mine
10. The room you are in: office
11. Your ex: who?
12. Your fear: roaches
13. What you want to be in 10 years? content
14. Who you hung out with last night? friends
15. What you're not? tan
16. Muffins: tops
17. One of Your Wish List Items: laptop
18. Time: lacking
19. The last thing you did: laundry
20. What you are wearing: shorts
21. Your favorite weather: sunny
22. Your favorite book: ...Mockingbird
23. The last thing you ate: pasta
24. Your life: progressing
25. Your mood: mellow
26. Your best friend: perfect
27. What are you thinking about right now? Astros
28. Your car: convertible!
29. What are you doing at the moment? typing
30. Your summer: fun
31. Your relationship status: single
32. What is on your TV? nothing
33. What is the weather like? hot
34. When is the last time you laughed? earlier