10 on tuesday (9)

10 Favorite Bands of All Time


Interesting 10 on Tuesday topic this time. Interesting because I think people may judge me. Wait, maybe it's just me who judges people based on musical preference. It's all a matter of opinion, obviously, but I think some of the best musicians are so because they're fun. They don't necessarily have to be the best actual musicians. Here they are, in no particular order:
  1. The Beatles

  2. r.e.m.

  3. Dixie Chicks

  4. U2

  5. inxs

  6. Counting Crows

  7. depeche mode

  8. Guns 'N' Roses

  9. Steve Miller Band

  10. Journey

Honorable mentions include but are not limited to: ABBA, Bon Jovi, Blue October, Coldplay, Poison, Queen, and the beloved Village People. Any others?

As an aside, if you place a to-go order with a waiter and he asks you if you're going to wait around or just disappear and you say "please, God, let me disappear," there's an outside chance that he may possibly send you directly to the bar to have a drink while you wait on your food. Maybe.

Comments

Patois42 said…
Oh, yeah, it's judgement time. We overlap with The Beatles and U2. But, then, I'm way old, so I can see how I could have missed some of yours. I do love many -- most? -- of the ones you cite. But, um, not the Village People.
MommaBoo said…
Counting Crows! Me too! I also love The Beatles, but left them off the list...Go figure!

Liked your list!

Happy Tuesday!
Irishcoda said…
Hi, I like your list! I overlap with several on your list and wish I had remembered Queen!
PJD said…
Oh my god I can't believe I left out Queen. You've got some good ones (REM, U2, Counting Crows, The Beatles), but we have no overlap in our top 10. But Queen... how could I forget them?
Yes, I considered Queen, too. Seriously, mine could have been a Twenty on Tuesday list by now! We have good overlap, tho - love me some Guns N' Roses (Sweet Child of Mine is the BEST!) and Journey! I personally think you should have bumped Bon Jovi (swoon) up to your Top Ten, but that's just me. :-)
Crimson Wife said…
Great list! Love Depeche Mode, INXS, REM, and the Dixie Chicks before they decided to go bashing country music.
Anonymous said…
yup... i'm judging you.

i'd also like to add:
ray charles
marilyn manson
aretha franklin
duke ellington
erasure (i miss them so much!)
black eyed peas
christina agulera (yes, if you didn't judge me back at marilyn manson, you're surely judging me now)
and last, but not least,elton john

cph

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?