week 30

Total weight gain: Still about 21 pounds.

Movement: Very active. Had a doctor's appointment this week where the little machine to hear the heartbeat wasn't working at first but no need to be concerned as the baby was moving just moments before...

Cravings: Not really anything this week. Weird. The Bradley Method class/instructor/medical proponents recommend a high protein diet. I never knew how hard it was to eat so much protein. I'm basically not stressing over it but trying to get back on the healthy eating bandwagon.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams, baby brain, forgetfulness, lots of waking in the middle of the night, some crazy back pain, some hip pain from sleeping on my side, good hair, some pressure from baby settling or ligament pain (but I'm learning how to avoid this turning into pain), general feeling of uncomfortable-ness at times, more daytime pottying. Sleep hasn't been great this week but still fewer potty breaks. And I know I haven't mentioned this (because of some readers), but I have boobs. For like the first time in my life. And on some days? Cleavage. What is that?! (Ok, last time I mention it.)

Belly button: Still in. Maybe we should take bets on if/when it will pop.

Preparations: Nothing. Resting on my laurels from last week. Oh, I did check into one pediatrician's office.

Milestones: Holy moly, people...30 weeks. Yikes. Let me repeat, yikes. And baby shower #2 today. Woohoo!

Weekly wisdom: Let's go for a lighter topic than last week, shall we? I think it's common knowledge that pregnant women like to need to nest. There's only so much you can do before the baby showers since you generally get gifts at them and you would like to see what other people are kind enough to buy before you go out and duplicate purchases. That being said, I say have your baby shower(s) early if possible. We originally scheduled them early just because I wanted to avoid the whole holiday craziness. But it's nice that I'm not horribly gigantic and miserable, I still look relatively cute in the pictures (unless you count the ones my cousin took at the last one. Bonus weekly wisdom--never give a family member the camera.), and now I can go buy cute baby things. CUTE BABY THINGS! I'm very excited. The downside of this, of course, is that I seriously need to clean out the baby's closet and finish that dresser...

Comments

integir said…
Symptom: Leaning to one side?
Three Peas said…
Agree with you on the baby shower. I was dying on holding back buying stuff until our baby shower. It's like I have free rein now...although Christmas is still coming so I'm trying to hold back.

About the boob thing - it is amazing how they explode, isn't it?

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?