week 32

Last week of the squash!

Total weight gain: About 24 pounds per the doctor's office scale. Really packing it on now it seems...

Movement: Very active and prefers my right side. Seems like there's more activity throughout the day.

Cravings: Caffeine. And the typical Thanksgiving foods.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams, baby brain, forgetfulness, lots of waking in the middle of the night, some crazy back pain, some hip pain from sleeping on my side (although I've figured out how to kind of minimize this by changing how I'm sleeping), good hair, some pressure from baby settling or ligament pain (but I'm learning how to avoid this turning into pain), general feeling of uncomfortable-ness is getting more frequent, more daytime pottying, Braxton Hicks. Also a few nights were it's hard for me to get back to sleep after a bathroom break. No fun. One funny thing re: crazy dreams. On Thursday morning I dreamt that we brought the baby home without having decided a name. Baby was a boy (for the record, I've also had baby-is-a-girl dreams). Hubby was holding Baby Boy and answering the door as we had visitors. As a side note, I was doing remarkably well for just having had a baby. Anyway, the visitors ask what we named the baby and I heard Hubby answer. I asked him to repeat himself. Apparently he said we named the baby "Orel Galveston." I said, "Um, no we didn't." Baby has occasionally been called Orel since then.

Belly button: Still in.

Preparations: Washed most of the baby clothes we've received so far. Organized the shower gifts to some degree. Played a game of musical shelves so that the baby's room could have a slightly bigger/better one (instead of buying a new one). Painted it. Sanded the dresser. I really need to finish that so I can put stuff away. Started a few lists for what to pack in the diaper bag and the hospital bag. Any suggestions?

Milestones: Baby's first Thanksgiving? Really, I can't think of anything. Oh, had my first doctor's appointment on the new Q2wk schedule. Weird to be going so frequently already...

Weekly wisdom: Make lots of lists. There's always so much to do (even without pregnancy going on). But I have a harder time keeping track of it all. And because I'm almost done with my little week-long vacation, I'm feeling like I didn't get enough crossed off that list. So it's a short one today...

Comments

Three Peas said…
Sounds like you're trucking right along...suggestion for the hospital bag - remember, the more you bring, the more you have to keep track of.

I'd bring an IPOD with mini speakers to listen to music you find comforting, relaxing, and soothing. Already starting my playlist.
angelq said…
Socks. A robe. Pillow - if you're picky. Tell Hubby to bring snack food in case labor runs long. Nursing bras (I got mine from Target). Disposable toothbrush - for Hubby, too. Baby book for footprints. Outfit for baby. Pacifier. And camera. Everything else the hospital will have.

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?