week 31

Ugh, still with the weird squash...

Total weight gain: About 22 pounds.

Movement: Very active and prefers my right side. Since the baby tends to move more when I'm still (and vice versa), he or she is often having a dance party right before I go to bed. I asked Hubby last night if he thought the baby would sleep at appropriate times after birth if I became nocturnal for the remainder of the pregnancy...

Cravings: I ate really pretty healthily last week so I wanted fast food this week. Sorry, baby.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams, baby brain, forgetfulness, lots of waking in the middle of the night, some crazy back pain, some hip pain from sleeping on my side (although I've figured out how to kind of minimize this by changing how I'm sleeping), good hair, some pressure from baby settling or ligament pain (but I'm learning how to avoid this turning into pain), general feeling of uncomfortable-ness is getting more frequent, more daytime pottying. And while it was probably new a week or two ago, it is clear now that there have been some Braxton Hicks.

Belly button: Still in. Yea!

Preparations: I made a list of what needs to be done and marked two things off of it. Cleaned out the baby's bathroom and nursery closet. Granted, things from the closet haven't been properly put away yet but I'm off most of next week so that's on the agenda. Got another recommendation for a pediatrician.

Milestones: Had fabulous Baby Shower #2 last Saturday. A real post on that still to come. Also? Lamaze and hospital tour today. And it was finally time for our postponed maternity/family shoot. I go tomorrow to see the proofs and figure out what to buy. Here are the teasers that I'm totally in love with (from Week 30, Day 5)!


Might I add that it kind of even looks like fall in these? And that I love my husband and dog. They're both so cute.

Weekly wisdom: Let me preface this one by saying that I love my family. They're great and supportive and I don't know what I'd do without them. That being said, my friends are really awesome, too. Over the years I've learned that you can't get all your needs met by one person (or, for me, even by a small handful of people). I think this realization makes relationships a lot easier in a way. I think if you expected your spouse or anyone else to fill all the roles you need in life, you'd be continuously and sorely disappointed. So, for me? It takes a village. Shower #2 (the "friends" shower) reminded me how great all my people are. So many people came, some of whom I hadn't seen in quite awhile, some from long distances. And everyone was so supportive. It was exactly what I needed. I'm so grateful to all of them for loving me and this baby they still have yet to meet. So I guess the wisdom is to 1) let lots of people meet your needs and 2) appreciate it when they do.

Comments

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?