something fun everyday: days 10 & 11

I guess the real point of this is to actually do more fun things. It's not so much about blogging about it--which is good since I can't seem to write here on a daily basis.

Yesterday while I was in the airport I chatted with another mom. She had a not-quite-1-year-old daughter who obviously had had a challenging year medically. The mom loved her kid so much and told me how she'd do it all again. It was really inspiring but at the same time I was extremely grateful that my Chicken has only had very minor issues. But, you know? It all boiled down to the fact that we're both new moms. We immediately had something in common and just felt like friends chatting.

I also had dinner with the in-laws last night. A home-cooked meal that I didn't cook? Fun. And it was nice to visit with them since they had been on vacation for so long.

Today? I talked to my husband on the phone for 38 minutes. THIRTY. EIGHT. He's not much of a phone talker so that was crazy. And I went clothes shopping! For me! For my upcoming leisure travel! And I felt good! In clothes! Too many exclamation points? I don't think so. Dressing yourself post-baby is challenging even if you lose all the weight. Or at least it has been for me. I don't think everything goes back the way it was. And things are, um, softer. Sigh... Ok, don't lose sight of the fun. Clothes! That fit! And flattered! Ok. I think that may have pushed me past the exclamation point limit.

Comments

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?