spurts of productivity . the kids making each other laugh . scotland . wonderful grandparents . medication . napping . good coworkers . hairy coos . naps . springtime . flowering trees . dreaming . pinterest . being able to breathe . underpants! . swimming pools . dates with my girl . my joyful boy . neighbors . progress . family . taking breaks . new friends . camping . the new job . rainy days . being crafty . renovations . inspiration . a good book
10 on tuesday (7)
10 Awesome Things About Me
The 10 on Tuesday guru said it was time to brag. I'm not very good at bragging. I think most people find it hard. We tend to take our accomplishments and positive qualities for granted. So, ok, awesome things...
1. I can pick the "right" colors to paint a house. I say things like "this one has too much brown" when, to lots of people, the colors look exactly the same.
2. When it comes to even mildly important things, it never dawns upon me to lie. It's not that I'm a good or bad liar...it just never presents itself as an option.
3. I'm not needy. I love my friends and family and enjoy spending time with them. I would also love to have someone to love but for the most part I'm ok on my own. I enjoy spending time with myself.
4. If I give you a gift, it will be wrapped prettier than the other gifts. And the card will probably be homemade, too.
5. I work hard. My employers don't need to worry about me goofing off or shirking responsibilities. I won't take advantage of them when it comes to the freedom I'm given with this job.
6. I like old things and can see their potential.
7. I'm smart. You know, well-educated, reasonably good vocabulary. And yet I love to read smutty celebrity magazines when I'm on the road.
8. I generally laugh a lot. Sometimes appropriately. Sometimes inappropriately. Sometimes it's when things suck.
For another list of 100 I blame Geek. I am thankful:
1. for having all five senses. 2. for being mobile. 3. that I'm smart. 4. for not dislocating my knees in quite some time. 5. that my heart issue is not as scary as it first seemed. 6. that I have lots of great friends (and all that that means). 7. for having the ability to make friends. 8. for having a close relationship with my brother. 9. that I was adopted. 10. for being employed. 11. for getting to work from home. 12. for being able to read. 13. for being alive. 14. that my bio-mother chose life. 15. for having a place to live. 16. for having a reliable car. 17. I live in Texas. 18. I live in a place that is not war-torn. 19. for the relative safety of the town in which I live. 20. that I have all my limbs. 21. that it's socially acceptable for women to wear makeup. 22. that I can afford most of what I want and not just what I need. 23. for my parents. 24. that I was raised poor. 25. for bug spray (not necessarily related to the previous one). …
After a very productive week/weekend, the nursery is just about done. I think the only thing I want to do is whip up a simple padded headboard and Hubby needs to trim down the legs on a little footstool. That's it! Finally! So without further ado...
This is what you see when you walk in the door. Too bad the baby won't be able to appreciate it right away.
(And I'll apologize right off the bat for having some wonky-colored photographs in this post. I just don't have the energy to fix things. At least on my monitor, the above pic is roughly true-to-life.)Would you like to see that awesome rug a little better?Man, I love it. It was the one splurge for the room but it has such great colors, fun animals and designs, and is round. All my criteria were met. Love. Here's the corner with the crib. I wanted a clean, simple, modern, white crib. I hate to admit it but we ordered it from Wal-Mart. Hey, at least we didn't have to enter an actual store to get it. It was inexpen…