dodgers


Last week I had a whirlwind travel week. I flew to Memphis on Tuesday morning and instead of coming home that night, I flew to California. Needless to say, it was tiring. Unlike many of my trips, however, I had a little free time. I'll post more on that later but for now, here are some pics of Dodgers Stadium.

I went to the game on Thursday. They have a big, old, open-air ballpark. It nicely faces the hills instead of downtown (even though I love that ours faces downtown). Their hotdogs are called Dodger Dogs. They sing the first verse of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" twice and then, shockingly, no "Deep in the Heart of Texas." Tsk, tsk. The Wave? Very exciting to them. Also exciting? Hitting beach balls around. But, hey, it is California. They boo more than we do but I sat by some really nice, friendly folks.

Game details? They played Arizona and lost 4-6. Jeff Kent drove in the first Dodger run with a triple. I miss him. It got quite cold that evening and I was ill-prepared. I ended up making it through the 7th and then had to scoot back to the hotel to thaw out my toes.

Comments

D... said…
I have been to several baseball stadiums (we are doing a tour). It amazes me how many do NOT sing "Deep in the Heart of Texas" during the 7th inning stretch. What's up with that?!

I can't wait to see Dodgers Stadium for myself.

I guess you didn't get to see much of Memphis, huh?
cjm said…
Does the airport count? Probably not...and I'd seen that much before anyway.
Editor in Chief said…
Leaving in the 7th, how very LA of you
cjm said…
Yeah, and I ate a Dodger dog, hit a beach ball, did the wave, sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame but not "Deep in the Heart of Texas." When in Rome...

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?