10 on tuesday (33)
10 things to do when it's too hot to go outside
- Play the Wii. I've gotten pretty good at Guitar Hero.
- Clean the house. Thrilling, I know.
- Work on house projects. Lately it's been painting the stairs. If I ever make the last few decisions and actually finish without killing myself, there will be pictures to come.
- Sit in front of the computer. Internet. E-mail. Photography.
- Wish my house were better insulated. Hand-in-hand with this is wonder how bad my electric bill is going to be.
- Drink more. Generally the non-alcoholic kind.
- Go shopping. This does, however, require a person to go from the house to the car. Outside. With no air conditioning.
- See a movie. You know, this doesn't happen nearly enough.
- Sleep in, when possible. I think the heat just really drains you (do I sound like an old person by saying that?).
- Go outside anyway. You just wear less clothes. And jewelry. And only open-toed shoes so that you have a really fly flip flop tan by June. If we avoided the heat here, we'd never see daylight for, well, nearly the entire year. There is always the option of becoming nocturnal...