ok, ok, i get it

So there's this woman at my company who I'm sure is very nice. Awhile back she started sending us these quotes every Friday. You'd think I'd love her for that, right? I love quotes. But she sends them as a PowerPoint slide and my computer is so slow that sometimes I just delete without reading because, seriously, if I have to wait on one more thing--especially something that's not work-related--I'll go insane. And then there's the joy of getting my inbox down by one more message, to a so-close-to-being-almost-in-the-vicinity-of-manageable number of e-mails. Regardless, here's the quote for today that I opened as I pondered what I have to get done today and what I'll have to "come back into the office" to get done over the weekend.

“Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials.” –Lin Yutang


Now if only I could get this Lin person to pay my bills and write my reports and file...

Comments

Patois42 said…
I bet this Lin So-and-so would be a great filer.
I'm quite adept at the art of leaving things undone. Usually because I forget to do them!!

I have an award for you over at my blog - come and get it!
StaceyG said…
Love the quote...wish I could remember it more often!

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?