week 28



Total weight gain: About 20 pounds (confirmed by doctor's scale this week). Seems like we've hit a plateau. Not that I'm complaining...

Movement: More of the same--still very active. There have been some really big movements this week. It is entertaining and kind of freaks me out at the same time.

Cravings: Well, since I'm trying to eat less sugar and simple carbs, that's all I want. I'd love to eat all that Halloween candy. And mashed potatoes. Mac n cheese... In trying to limit the carbs yet joining in on my SIL's Masters degree celebration, I had a taco salad last night. VERY GOOD.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams, baby brain, forgetfulness, lots of waking in the middle of the night, less crazy back pain. At time, beginning to feel a little uncomfortable in general. And my hips sometimes are a little sore again from having to sleep on them all night. Also? Twice this week I've gotten up to go to the bathroom and my brain has actually turned on. What's this? Usually I can just stumble around to do my business and fall right back asleep. I was up for hours these two nights. It was so boring just lying there...you'd think that would cause me to fall asleep.

Belly button: It's smaller than normal but still in. I was admiring Hubby's comparatively ginormous belly button the other day.

Preparations: I've done nothing at all in the nursery this week. I have no idea why. But we've received lots of presents from folks who can't make it to our baby showers. At least someone has been trying to prepare for the baby. Oh, I did buy a baby book.

Milestones: Had the 1-hour glucose test on Monday and failed. Go in on Tuesday for the 3-hour test. In addition to all the health implications (for me and bebe), please don't let me have to make it through the holidays with gestational diabetes... In more (fun) news, first baby shower today! More on that next week but I'm looking forward to it. And I'm not sure if this is a milestone or a preparation but we had our first birth-related class this week. We're taking a 10-week Bradley Method class. It's hosted by a woman locally and one other couple is taking it with us. Interesting so far.

Weekly wisdom: After buying the new baby book yesterday, I dug out mine. Hubby says he doesn't have one. (I'll have to check to see if that's true.) Lord knows mine is very incomplete but I loved looking at it every now and then when I was growing up. Yesterday was the first time I looked at it since getting pregnant. I'm really going to try to be good about completing one for the baby (and try even harder for potential baby #2 since they always get the shaft) but I totally understand how this ends up not taking first priority. Try. You never know what's going to happen. I don't have anyone to ask how I old I was when this or that milestone happened. No one can tell me if I was a good sleeper. Write that stuff down. Somewhere. On a post-it. Whatever. The information and the sentiment and that it's in my mom's handwriting? Invaluable.

Comments

I also kept a baby book for both Hunter and Evan. Lots of love went into both! Both are complete and up to date!!! Very proud of this accomplishment! I think a baby book is very important for both the mother and the child. Wonderful memories! Can't wait to do it one more time!
Three Peas said…
I don't have my baby book yet...but will get one once we settle on a name. I don't have one so I'm determined that Cookie will.

Good luck on your 3 hour glucose test...I'll be thinking of you.
integir said…
Don't let him fool you. Wayne has a baby book, much more complete that mine. I'll see if I can get Mom to find it this week to share with y'all.
Patois42 said…
Sorry about the brain turning on when all you're trying to do is relieve yourself.

Good luck tomorrow!

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?