technically 39 weeks + 5 days

I'm remiss in posting. I guess I'll go with the usual Saturday template but may have some repeat information from Tuesday:
Total weight gain: As of Tuesday at the doctor's, 28 lbs. Down a pound. I swear I'm eating more so I wonder how this weight is getting re-allocated.

Movement: Still very active and often painfully so (especially in my hip area). Those little limbs are also a bit uncomfortable. I told Hubby that after the baby's born I'm going to jab him in his sensitive areas (like his belly button and Adam's apple) with those little feet and fists.

Cravings: Not really anything.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams, baby brain, forgetfulness, lots of waking in the middle of the night, crazy back pain, more frequent hip pain from sleeping on my side, good hair, more pressure from baby settling and ligament pain, general feeling of uncomfortable-ness a lot of the time, more daytime pottying, digestive issues, some middle insomnia, rings are still tight-ish. As of yesterday evening, some real contractions. Without getting into details, I know they're not Braxton Hicks as there has been some evidence of progress being made. So woohoo! Before you all start calling every hour on the hour, this could still mean we have days or weeks. The contractions have been manageable and it really is awesome that you feel fine in between them.

Belly button: In but shallow. Dare I count my chickens?

Preparations: Visited 4 final daycare options. Still have no idea what we're doing with the baby but at least feel like we don't need to visit any more places. I think that's about it. We're ready to go for the most part.

Milestones: Last Tuesday's appointment showed no change in dilation or effacement. Baby is still really low. If we make it to this Tuesday, I'm confident that there will be progress.

Weekly wisdom: Try not to get worked up over things, no matter how hard that might be. Educate yourself so that you don't just follow whatever the suggestions the medical staff make--ask them questions. See why they are making suggestions. If there's no risk in trying to do things like you want them done, then speak up. That is all.

Comments

Colleen said…
I followed you over from Marisa's pregnancy blog. I'm very glad to hear my rambling birth story helped you out! I think women definitely don't hear enough positive birth stories.

About questioning medical suggestions, I actually wrote out an index card & packed it in the hospital bag. I wrote like 5 questions along the lines of: what is this procedure? Why do I need it? What are the effects of it on me & on the baby? What are my other options? What risks are there with other options, and with waiting to make a decision/to see what happens? That way my (non confrontational) husband could just read off of there, without the pressure of thinking of what to ask during a stressful time.

Good luck with your labor & delivery!
Deana Pearse said…
I could almost feel your pain there. The idea of jabbing your husband made me laugh. Do you wear pregnancy belts? They give comfort and support on the back area, taking the pressure off.

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?