week 37

Holy crap. It's the last fruit. The watermelon. That I have to push out of my body...

Total weight gain: Uh, I think we're getting close to 30. Still not sure how that's happening since I have people frequently telling me how small I am (including medical professionals who have no need to just be nice).

Movement: Same ol', same ol... Still very active and movements continue to be bigger, sometimes uncomfortable, and occasionally painful. I thought people said that the movements slow down as the baby gets more crowded. I think this baby just shoves things out of the way.

Cravings: Really, anything I don't have to cook.

Symptoms: Crazy dreams, baby brain, forgetfulness, lots of waking in the middle of the night, slightly less frequent crazy back pain, more frequent hip pain from sleeping on my side, good hair, some pressure from baby settling and ligament pain, general feeling of uncomfortable-ness a lot of the time, more daytime pottying, Braxton Hicks (probably on more than 50% of days). Middle insomnia for about 1-2 hours about 5 days this week. Oh, and for a few weeks I've had digestive issues because the distance to my stomach is shorter. Weird. The new fun thing this week? Last night my hips started hurting. Like the ball-n-socket joint part. Multiple times where it felt like they could just pop out. Yeah, not a pleasant feeling or mental picture. What the hell do you do if your entire leg is dislocated? That's a really big part of your body. Have already had the same uneasy feeling today. I'm guessing relaxin is bad for me. Or else I'll be walking along and the baby will just fall out...

Belly button: Still in but about 1/4 of it is slightly poking out.

Preparations: Finished washing baby clothes and blankets. For real this time. Visited one of the pediatricians (liked her). And did some more daycare research. No real progress on baby names despite my nagging. Finished the dresser! Got almost everything put away and organized in the nursery. Mostly packed the hospital bag. Finished packing the diaper bag except for a potential going home outfit that I ordered online (I hope it makes it before the baby does). Ordered a few other things online and continue to buy diapers whenever I'm at the store. I really think the only 2 things left are to make the bedskirt (crib skirt?) and switch out beds with the in-laws. I didn't really want a bed in the nursery but since Hubby started his new job this week (praise tiny baby Christmas Jesus), I figure we should have an additional place to sleep. Oh, and we need to set up the car seat and have someone tell us if we did it right.

Milestones: Holy moly, it's January. This is our alleged birth month (unless we're a week late). Enter month 9. And last holiday season without a baby.

Weekly wisdom ponderings: I don't know about wisdom this week but I have been doing a lot of thinking.

  1. It's weird that my hair doesn't really fall out anymore. I know this will change but for now it's kinda freaky.

  2. I wonder what my last meal will be prior to contractions starting. I hope it's a good one that doesn't do anything bad to my tummy.

  3. I know this isn't a shocker but having a baby is a lot of responsibility. You have to make really grown up decisions. How do teenagers do this?

  4. They say that in addition to the regular nesting of pregnant ladies, you get a huge push immediately before labor starts. Now, seriously? If you know me, how am I supposed to even notice this? I've been off of work all week and the amount of things I've gotten done is pretty insane. I cleaned out and organized the entire sunroom (formerly, junk room). I should have taken a Before picture but here's the after. You can find stuff now (including the floor). And it wasn't on the list but I put down new tile in the master bath. I also have supplies to redo the sunroom floor but I may not get to that (especially with these stupid hip pains). So yeah... I don't know what more serious nesting could even look like.


Comments

Three Peas said…
Go girl! Home stretch, home stretch! I can't believe it. Do you ever find yourself wondering what happened to the first and second trimesters?

Also, teenagers do it because they have no fear and they really just don't care and agonize over stuff like we do...they just pick.
Yay!! January is here!!! How exciting!!! So happy for you guys!!! Keep us posted. :)
cjm said…
Can I just say that I'm pretty sure the baby has dropped since yesterday... And maybe that's why the hips are hurting. I'll try to post pics soon.
angelq said…
I don't think I had the big nesting push with either of the girls. Though with Lucy I did suddenly feel compelled to bake cupcakes the night before I went into labor.

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?