i'm often overwhelmed

And the thing is, I don't think I get overwhelmed easily. I think it takes a lot...which means I often have a lot on my plate. I'm going to tell myself that there are many people who would buckle under less because, hey, it makes me feel better.

What's overwhelming me now? Work. Wedding planning. Work. Car maintenance. Work. My ever-changing, double-booked schedule. Yard work. Housework. Work work. The fact that there are so many things that are going on and up in the air and on the To Do list that--wait--there are so many things that many haven't even made it to a list. Having things missing from the list stresses me out.

Being overwhelmed ends up with me stretched too thin and makes me feel like I'm doing a half-assed job at everything which makes me feel incompetent in general. This doesn't exactly lead to a person being more focused and productive. It also makes me feel like I'm neglecting the important people, especially The Fiance. That is just crappy, and I really hate feeling that way.

First, I need to figure out what items need to go on what list. Then I need to see what I can delegate. After that? I need to see what can be done to help minimize this in the future. See? There's a list right there...

(Might I add that I cannot emphasize enough how relieved I am to not be including health scares on the list.)

Comments

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?