what's important

Yes, there's a lot to do. Yes, I occasionally freak out. Yes, sometimes I am still surprised that we're getting married. Period. Let alone in a matter of a few short weeks.

But, really, I know that I'll get everything done (with help) and whatever doesn't get done won't get noticed anyway. And I know that everything will turn out well. People will come. They'll have fun. Things will be pretty and memorable and a little quirky and us. And the day will fly by all too quickly.

So what's really important about all of it? That our people are there. That the ones who can't be there--whether they're on bed rest in Florida or were lost years ago--are there in spirit. That my bridesmaid who had a freakin' heart attack on Friday is there. That The Fiance's Grandma makes it. And that at the end of the day, in front of all those people, we'll be married.

(Also? For the record, God, Mother Nature, etc? It would be swell if we could avoid any hurricanes. Thank you. Good night.)

Comments

kimbo said…
I can't wait to see the pictures of the big day.
Katie Lady said…
Yes, you are totally right. It's going to be a fabulous day!!!
cjm said…
So, yeah. The bridesmaid with the (literal) heart attack is back in the hospital... :(

I also didn't mention that the pregnant Matron of Honor needs to stay that way until the 9th. At least...
cjm said…
Um, and can I add no MORE people with the swine flu. Come on, Universe. It's getting ridiculous.
I am so sorry that we cannot make it. Could you imagine flying with a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn? YIKES!!! Plus, I have not gotten the ok from my ob to travel yet. Perhaps I will get the all clear next week - God willing!
Patois42 said…
It's good that you know what's important. I think the universe will smile down on you for that.
klm said…
Girl, I am not missing this for anything..been waiting too long for this day for you.

Besides, after tweaking of meds i seem to be doing okay. Day one at home after second hospitalization - good!
cjm said…
Good to hear.

And apparently I forgot to mention Swine Flu. Could we expand that to mean no tragedies befall anyone prior to the big day?

(Pregnant or recently pregnant ladies are totally excused from attending.) :)

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?