it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life

It was a good holiday season. So good that I guess I was busy living in it instead of writing. Still trying to get down the rest of the Christmas decorations. The inside is done (except we have a nudie, dead tree in the corner) but the outside remains...

Seems like work got busier in December. You know, right when you'd like for things to ease up so you can enjoy other parts of life. But I realized that it felt good to do these work trips. I was being productive in a measurable way, something I've been missing (at least to the usual degree) in the past few months.

Between traveling for work and for the holidays, I was ready to just be at home. Don't get me wrong, I love traveling and enjoyed our numerous trips from last year but sometimes you just need to veg. That's what we did on New Year's Eve. We rented movies and ate at home and just hung out. We've since spent our days with a nice blend of hanging out with family and with each other, seeing movies and playing video games, sleeping in and taking naps. It's been exactly what I needed. It's felt so luxurious to be able to have one more day of it. And, what's this? Yet another day before going back to work? Awesome. So I'm off to enjoy.

A gift for you? I am enjoying The Avett Brothers and this song in particular. The Hubby is lucky I hadn't heard it before choosing a date.

Comments

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?