a little somethin'
- We are allegedly taking engagement pictures on Saturday. At the place we met.
- I bought a lovely new dress for the occasion. I'd give you the link but it doesn't look as good on the model as it does on me. I've never said that (or thought that) in my entire life. Perhaps it's just a bad picture of the poor girl...
- I've been turned down by a few possible reception places. Some places that are not very exciting really book up fast. Maybe it's because they're cheap.
- We have found a few other possible options.
- Those options kind of depend on whether or not we can score that cute church. I've left a voicemail for the priest. Yep, the priest. I can't tell you the last time I talked to one. It scares me a little. Maybe I should tell him that.
- If he (please, God--literally) lets us use it, we could be so far under reception budget that I could probably score a fancy dress AND a good photographer. That would be fantastic.
- I won a free engagement shoot and 90 wallet prints from a so-so photographer. We may do those just to use the prints for something. Thank you cards? Attached to favors? We'll see.
- So things are moving along. If only that priest would call me back. If only he'd have pity on me. I cannot tell you how happy I'd be to use that place. And to have a date set. And to start making fun decisions instead of stressful ones. Sigh... A girl can hope.