chasing cars

Every now and then a song comes on the radio that I love. I mean really love. I'm talking let's-listen-to-it-40-times-in-a-row love. Even-though-I-should-get-out-of-the-car-now-that-I'm-here-I-can't-because-the-song's-not-over love. Sometimes it's by someone I know. Sometimes by a person or group I never knew existed. The last one was James Blunt's You're Beautiful. Here's the current one: Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars .

Trapped inside this snarky exterior lies a romantic. How can you not love these lyrics?!

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Comments

nomadjf said…
that song rocks.
have you seen the new video on youtube with all the scenes from grey’s anatomy in it? it’s awesome!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NNZV2C5bpmA&search=snow%20patrol%20anatomy
cjh said…
Seriously, that was too much. I had been trying to block out the loss of Denny all summer! I love him, too. Now I definitely can't wait for the new fall season!!! And nomadjf, the only person I can think you are is a cute blonde I used to work with, yes?
Bubba's Sis said…
LOVE this song! I can get swept away by a song, too - I totally know what you mean.

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?