hair bands

Ok, yes, in addition to taking in the Astros game this past weekend I also went to the Poison/Cinderella concert downtown. Secret's out. Yes, I occasionally take in a nice little rock concert featuring bands with members who looked more like women in the mid-80s to early 90s than I did. Yes, I enjoy them. And, yes, there's good people watching. I think even the hearing-impaired could enjoy the concerts. (And there were actually tiny fireworks there, too.)

So most of the people there dig out their concert t-shirts that they've collected over the past 20 years. This is, in fact, the perfect time to parade your Dokken, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Ratt, etc. garb. No one at this venue will look at you strange or laugh behind your back because you are wearing this beat up shirt. In fact, many see them as badges of honor. You know what, I should have my brother guest blog on the subject. I'll see about that later.

But the special treats are the ones who go the extra mile. The ones who wear head-to-toe leather in Texas in July. The ones with Poison-green hair to match their aforementioned t-shirt. The ones with "witch" skirts that are surely part of a Halloween costume. The ones wearing ultra-tight skinny jeans (did I mention that one was male?). If I missed anyone notable, those of you who were there can please feel free to add. And throughout the crowd, you get a sense that many of these people never moved on from the 80s by their accessories and hairstyles (think "wings" people).

I must say, however, that if there's one thing to learn from these people it's that they have body confidence. Guys think they are the shit...I can't say it any other way. The women, even though they may be way too old and not the least bit fit, they pull out a tube top and mini skirt and strut their stuff. There's something to be said about that.

Just a note, there were some normal looking folks there, too. Even a few cute boys. Brown-shirt guy, if you're out there, I hope you make it to the Def Leppard concert at the end of the month... See ya there.

Comments

Editor in Chief said…
You should go visit Eddie, Pigs friend. She's a HUGE Def Leppard fan and recently made it to a concert. Y'all can commiserate.
I love hair bands! Aerosmith is my fav.

crowd favorites

100 things--thankful

hey, would you like to see the nursery?